- This policy is incorporated into, and subject to, FlowerShop.Media’s Terms of Service.
- By using FlowerShop.Media’s site, or any product or service offered, you acknowledge that you have read, and agree to, this policy.
What is in this document?
This document provides information about our website and our digital advertising technology platforms (“FlowerShop DSP”, “FlowerShop Media Platform”) which enables our clients to buy digital advertising, and then describes our policies about data collection and use. It also provides information on the type of data we collect and utilize when serving ads to individuals.
CONSUMER OPT-OUT CHOICES
FlowerShop.Media supports empowering you to make informed decisions about the type of advertisements that are delivered to you online, and, as such, we are providing you the opportunity to opt out of the tailored ads delivered to you by FlowerShop.Media based on your interests, previous visits to other sites, and information stored in your web browser or mobile device.
If you select this option, you will still see just as many ads, but they will no longer be personalized based on the information FlowerShop.Media has collected, (i.e. the ads will likely be less relevant to you and your interests) and any information we have collected thus far will be dissociated from your device, thereby preventing its use. If our systems detect that your computer or mobile device is located in the European Economic Area and you opt-out, we will treat that opt-out as a request for the FlowerShop DSP to cease processing your personal data.
Feel free to opt out here if you so desire:
- For desktop and mobile web: The opt-out requires a cookie to be stored by your browser, in order to signal your opt-out status to us during future ad calls. By opting-out, you consent to FlowerShop.Media’s opt-out cookie being stored by your browser.
- For mobile app:
- Find your phone’s Android Advertising Identifier (for Android devices) or Apple Identifier for Advertising (for iOS devices).
- On Android 6, open the Settings app and select “Google”. Select “Ads”. Choose “Opt out of Ads Personalization”, and make a note of your advertising ID. In earlier versions of Android, this is found in a separate Google Settings app instead.
- On iOS, open the Settings App and select “Privacy”. Select “Advertising”, and enable “Limit Ad Tracking”. On iOS 10 and above, this will set your Identifier for Advertising to “0”, and no further action is needed, as this prevents its use. On iOS 9 and below, for additional confidence, you may wish to download an app such as My TUNE Device to determine your Identifier for Advertising and enter it in the box below.
- Find your phone’s Android Advertising Identifier (for Android devices) or Apple Identifier for Advertising (for iOS devices).
You may also visit the self-regulatory program opt-out pages: http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
for the USA, http://www.youronlinechoices.com
for the EU, http://www.youradchoices.com
FlowerShop.Media DSP PRIVACY PRACTICES
What is FlowerShop.Media DSP?
FlowerShop.Media DSP provides tools for advertisers, or media buyers, to purchase digital ad space on website and mobile sites and applications. To accomplish these goals, advertisers and media buyers use FlowerShop.Media DSP to engage in a variety of techniques, including interest-based advertising, real-time (programmatic) advertising, contextual, and location-based advertising. FlowerShop.Media DSP also provides buyers other tools, like the ability to measure how effective their ads were, designed to make the buying of ad space seamless.
What information does FlowerShop.Media DSP collect?
FlowerShop.Media DSP is designed to use certain types of data. It includes data generated through FlowerShop.Media DSP as well as data clients receive from other sources and then use on FlowerShop.Media DSP, or that they buy through FlowerShop.Media DSP. This may include pseudonymous information about Internet users’ browsers and devices, such as:
- The type of browser and its settings,
- Information about the device’s operating system,
- Cookie information,
- Information about other identifiers assigned to the device, and
- The IP address from which the device accesses a client’s website or mobile application
- Information about whether an Internet user has visited a FlowerShop.Media client’s website, based on web beacons placed on the site by our customer
- Information about the geographic location of the device when it accesses a website or mobile application
- Inferences or information about users’ interests that are created, acquired, bought, sold, or used by our clients
Pseudonymous information is considered personal data in some places like the European Union. However, the pseudonymous information used on the FlowerShop.Media DSP can’t be used to identify an actual person.
How does FlowerShop.Media DSP use the information that it collects?
We use the information we collect to serve targeted ads to individuals.
More specifically, the platform enables our users to use this information to:
- Determine what ad to show an individual, and to serve that ad (including behaviorally targeted ads) to that individual
- Customize ads to particular types of audiences;
- Customize ads to the type of web page an individual is viewing;
- Perform analysis of how effective the ads served are;
- Learn more about their own customers;
- Limit the number of times an individual sees an ad;
- Detect fraud; and
- Troubleshoot platform or campaign issues.
How long is the information stored and kept?
How does FlowerShop.Media DSP collect this information?
Does FlowerShop.Media DSP use web beacons (aka clear GIFs or web bugs)?
How does FlowerShop.Media use the information provided by FlowerShop.Media DSP advertisers?
- To provide, operate, manage, maintain and enhance the platform. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Services.
- To assist the enforcement of our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, welcome emails when you first register, etc.). You can’t opt out of these communications, since they are necessary in order for us to effectively provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have given us your express permission to contact you for this purpose.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To create new services, features or content. We may use any information you provide us (e.g. via email or through our ticketing system) to create and provide new services, features or content.
As a FlowerShop.Media DSP or FlowerShop.Media Platform customer, will FlowerShop.Media share my information?
- We share aggregate information collected from the FlowerShop.Media DSP for marketing purposes. For example, we may issue a press release announcing that users who have visited travel sites have a higher click-thru rate on finance related web pages.
- Billing and Contact information – We work with trusted agents and service providers to assist us in billing and account maintenance for our clients. For example, if you fund your platform account with a credit card, we use a credit card processing company to bill you for the Services and share your address and billing details with them in order to do so. These service providers do not retain, share, store or use that information for any other purpose. In certain instances, we may share information with our suppliers (data and inventory exchanges).
- To provide the Services – FlowerShop.Media may provide customer platform data to partners and service providers for the purpose of operating, managing, maintaining, or enhancing FlowerShop.Media’s Services, including for the safety and security of the platform and the online industry, or as required by law. FlowerShop.Media does not share the information collected on the platform with other third parties, unless legally required.
As a FlowerShop.Media DSP user or FlowerShop.Media Platform customer, what communications can I expect from FlowerShop.Media?
- Special Offers and Updates – We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions (if you opt-in on our registration page). If you no longer wish to receive this type of communication, you can opt-out through the link in the email communication.
- Surveys or Contests – From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, and to process and analyze survey results. We use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company is prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- Service-related Announcements – We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is undergoing temporary maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Customer Service – Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you through our ticketing system, via email, and by phone.
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions included in each communication.
Through our partners, we use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Supplementation of Information: In order to provide certain services to you, we may supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third party sources, including in respect of credit worthiness and verification of any information provided.
FlowerShop.Media.NET WEBSITE VISITORS
What information does the FlowerShop.Media website collect, and how is it used?
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
How do I access my information?
Is my information secure?
Onward Transfer – Will my information be transferred?
FlowerShop.Media may share information with trusted third-party partners such as billing and payment processing vendors and hosting providers for the FlowerShop.Media website and DSP. These third-party contractors are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than performing services for FlowerShop.Media.
The above notwithstanding, we may disclose any of the information we collect when we believe that we have a legal obligation to do so or to protect the safety, property or rights of FlowerShop.Media or of any third party. For example, we may disclose any of the above in order to (i) protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served, (ii) for law enforcement or national security purposes including sharing data of EU and Swiss individuals in response to lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security and law enforcement requirements, or (iii) protect or defend our proprietary rights.
FlowerShop.Media is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third-party acting as an agent on its behalf. FlowerShop.Media shall remain liable under the Privacy Shield principles if its agent process such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We will also provide an EU or Swiss individual with opt-out or opt-in choice before we share their personal data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. If you’re located in the EU or Switzerland and seek to limit the use and disclosure of your information, please submit a written request to support@FlowerShop.Media.
In the event that FlowerShop.Media (or its parent or subsidiary companies) goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
EUROPEAN UNION DATA SUBJECTS
The General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”) affords additional rights to EU data subjects. Those rights include the right to complain to EU Supervisory Authorities and the right to access, correct, port to another party and delete certain personal data processed by FlowerShop.Media.
With respect to EU data subjects, personal data includes pseudonymous information such as an IP address, a mobile advertising ID or a cookie ID. Where FlowerShop.Media is a controller of data (e.g., via our FlowerShop.Media DSP), the legal FlowerShop.Media will be both legitimate interest and consent depending on the type of information subject to processing and the information we receive from upstream partners. Where we rely upon legitimate interest, we have assessed the processing is not high risk and will not violate fundamental human rights of EU data subjects.
Where FlowerShop.Media receives from an EU data subject a request to cease processing of data via one of the choice mechanisms listed above, FlowerShop.Media will stop all data processing with respect to the opted out browser or device unless such processing is required by law.
If you’re an EU data subject and believe FlowerShop.Media is processing your pseudonymous information (e.g., FlowerShop.Media cookie ID or mobile advertising ID) or your contact information (e.g., email address, telephone number) and you wish to exercise your right to access, delete, port or remove such information, please send an email to support@FlowerShop.Media.net and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
FlowerShop.Media’s Data Protection Officer and EU representative is Dr. Christoph Bauer, CEO at ePrivacy GmbH and he may be contacted at support@FlowerShop.Media.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, FlowerShop.Media is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, FlowerShop.Media commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should contact support@FlowerShop.Media.
Alternatively, you may contact us at the address below:
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction